

Last night Justin and I were headed for a night out. No real plans other then dinner with friends but something fun to ring in 2009. Justins folks had asked to babysit and ring in the new year with the girls at our house. They were having sparkling apple cider and warm oatmeal cookies... Yum
We headed out, picked up Genny and Brad and went to El Toro for dinner. I really wanted Masa because it is my favorite but they were having a big bash there and we could not get in. The evening was full of adult conversation pretty much about my kids and how I think Genny and Brad should have kids. Just seems like even when I am away I can't get away. They are such a big piece of me that sometimes they are all I think or even care about. 2 Margaritas and a taco salad later we were yawning and wondering what the night would bring. It went something like this..
Back to Brad and Gennys for a glass of champagne and directly home beacuse we could not keep our old eyes opened. It was 11:15 when we pulled into our driveway.. WHAT???? Babysitter... night out..... what is wrong with us!
Mara was sleeping(excuse me.. resting her eyes as she says)on the couch, Gracelyn was in her crib asleep and Nana and Papa were on the couch watching the space needle festivities. I quickly ran in, snugged Mara up on the couch, grabbed an oatmeal cookie and a sparkling cider and rang in the new year with the ones I love. It was 12:02 and Mara was back asleep and we were quick to follow..

Justin was freezing so he stole my bathrobe.. what a dork!!



Happy New Year to you all. May 2009 bring you the best and may you follow through with all of you New Years Resolutions!!

2 comments:
Happy New Year! Your night sounds a lot like ours was last year. We made it home from a cocktail party before midnight and rang in the new year in our pjammies!
You guys are cute! And all of you are a lot more ambitious than we are at our house on New Years. I am litterally IN BED praying the fireworks don't wake up my kids. So lame! Happy New Year!
Post a Comment