Just us Goofing around!

You never know what these monkeys will be up to! Save us to your favorites and find out!

Meisberger Monkeys

Tuesday, March 10, 2009

My Story

Not many of you may know this about me but I have never known my biological father Scott. My mom and him were young when they got pregnant and made choices that were appropriate for me and their circumstances. I was raised by a man named Fred with my mom and he was Dad my entire life. On about 8Th grade my mom told me about Scott. At the time it wasn't a big deal but as I grew up and grew into myself curiosity got the best of me. I tried to find him many times but every time ended up a dead end. I figured it was just timing and that if it was ever to happen then it would. Years passed and I focused on my life and building my own little family.

Last April as many of you may know my water pipes broke under my house. There were many days where the Fircrest Public Works guys spent a lot of time at my house trying to help me get to the bottom of my problem. Who knew they were getting to the bottom of more then just broken water pipes. One day the guys were teasing me about going to Bellarmine and so I asked them where they went to High school.. One of them said Stadium class of 76. I knew this was the year Scott had graduated. I told them this and they asked who he was, I told them and they knew exactly who he was. They said I completely looked like him and said that they had contact with him. Huh??? R u kidding me??? In my heart I knew this was the path that would lead me to him. It took many months and many details later but last Saturday(Feb 28Th) I finally got to meet him and have since established an awesome relationship with him.

I am not being ungrateful for my past and I certainly am so thankful for the life I have had but there was always a void inside of me that is now filled. It is amazing what part biology plays in the makeup of who we are. Scott is an amazing person and I feel so lucky that I get to have one more person in this world love me and that I can love as well..

Let's just say those guys at the works department have since become some of my best friends (Jim especially.. Thank you from the bottom of my heart..you mean the world to me).

This is our first time meeting






Here we are at dinner together..


The future so far looks really great and looks like it will have a permanent fixture in it. The only thing I ever wanted from this was to see him and maybe talk to him. I got way more then I bargained for and I am simply over the moon!

2 comments:

katy said...

Tears! This is awesome! I can't believe how moving this is. What an amazing story. You do look just like him too! Congrats Marquelle! Thanks so much for sharing this!

Garrett and Allison Barker said...

Oh Marquelle, that is soooo awesome!! I am very happy for you!! What an amazing story.