As I walked thru the yard today I caught some pictures of these old things. Almost every item to include the bricks came from the family farm in Puyallup. The farm is now the home of Good Samaratin hospital but its memories still live on.
Auntie working in the yard (she will turn 96 in September)
Old bricks from the farm that she stacked
Old Milk Jug
Very old wheel barrow
Farm tools that stay stacked in her carport. Don't ever try to get rid of these things you may need them someday. It may look a little Sanford and Sons at times but to her it is her life!
I have been so lucky to have gotten this time with Auntie. I took it for granted as a child and although there are timess that she drives me nuts with her repetitive stories and habits I wouldn't trade it for anything. Auntie has made me a better person and has taught me to appreciate the little things in life!

No comments:
Post a Comment