9 years ago
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Turning 33
As the years go by somehow getting older gets here a lot quicker. As a child all I ever wanted to be was older. I wanted to be 6 so I could go to Kindergarten, 11 to get my ears pierced, 13 to be a teenager, 16 so I could drive, 18 so I could have independence and buy scratch tickets, 21 so I could legally drink and go to the bars and 30 so I could officially say and feel that I am an adult. 32 was a very hard year for me but I know I have come out a better and stonger person. I realized many things this year but the biggest thing I realized was how lucky and blessed I am to have the 2 most wonderful little girls in the world. They are my rocks and my heart overflows with love for them. I sit here right now with tears in my eyes as I write this. This last year I have been able to really apprciate the meaning of family and friendships. I have gotten the privelage of taking care of my 95 year old auntie who is currently in the process of passing. Every wrinkle on her face tells a story of her life. I hope someday to have those same beautiful wrinkles. Her wisdom, compassion and loving ways are an example to me of how I want to live life the rest of my life. So although 32 was probaly the worst, hardest and best year of my life I look at those small(and very few thank you)wrinkles on my face and know that they are all the markings of me, my life and my future!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Very nicely put! Hope you are enjoying your summer :)
Post a Comment