Just us Goofing around!

You never know what these monkeys will be up to! Save us to your favorites and find out!

Meisberger Monkeys

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Rough Day


Well today was a rough day for Gracelyn and for mom. As you saw in the past blog postings Mara had done some art work. On it she had put stickers, feathers, etc. as well as colorings. Gracelyn was just fascinated with this artwork and has been trying to get her grubby little mits on it ever since. Well it finally happened and low and behold it made for a very unpleasant situation. As Gracelyn took hold of the artwork she must have managed to sneak some stickers into her hands. Once I looked away she ate them and proceeded to choke. I launched in to mom mode once I realized she was choking. I did all the typical things moms do (patting the back, flippin her over, etc) and once none of those options worked I did the ol swiping of the mouth like I was taught in my cpr class. Well I continued to swipe and Gracelyn continued to turn more blue in color. I was at a loss so I called 911. They talked me thru the ordeal and gave me great pointers on what to do and what not to do. Then shortly there after police and medical arrived. Whew thank goodness for them!! They got the quarter sized metallic sticker that was completely blocking her airway out and she soon regained her coloring. THANK GOODNESS!!!
They tested her oxygen and pulse and everything checked out fine. Gracelyn even waved and said bye bye when they left.!

After that Gracelyn was tuckered out and she took a nice long nap. WHEW!!!

2 comments:

Debbie said...

Wow!!!! I would have been more traumatized! I relieved to hear she's okay.

Debbie

Debbie said...

p.s.

oops! I meant to say that "I'm" relieved!