Just us Goofing around!

You never know what these monkeys will be up to! Save us to your favorites and find out!

Meisberger Monkeys

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ever have days like this??



This morning was one of those mornings that all I wanted to do was pull my hair out!

I have a 9 year old who has attitude and talks back whenever necessary. I understand this is independence mixed with a lot of hormones but GEEZ.. Sometimes I just sound like a broken record. Mara can you do this.. mara can you do that .. then 30 minutes later still none of it is complete. AHHHHHHHHH

Or how bout the 4 year old who has to try on 15 outfits before she can decide on the right one to wear to school. Of course none of it matches and don't let me forget the headband obsession. The headbands that are never actually worn on her hair but across her forehead.

I give up.. I've decided that the best thing I can do is just let them be and hopefully they will come around. It's a good thing I love them so much. I read my girlfriend Katy's blog this morning and it turned me around. I need to just let it all go and then I will see the differene. Thank you Katy for those wonderful bits of inspiration. They really do matter!!!

So hears a shout out to all those moms who have had mornings like mine. If we stick together we can do it!

I also said this sweet little prayer to help me. I find it very healing

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.



Trust in the LORD with all your heart
and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3, 5-6

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

read Katy's blog...what a great message...thank you :) Miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

oh...that was me :) hahahaha...Love ya, Melisa

katy said...

Thanks Marquelle...glad what I wrote was meaningful to you. I can obviously totally relate to this post. You are an amazing mom...hold your head up and yes...they will turn out great!